I’m currently home from college for the summer and I want to go out and meet a bunch of people but i’m not 21, so I cant go to the bars, and there isn’t much to do in my town that would result in meeting people regularly? For the people who had this problem what were some of your solutions?
it all happened so fast. i was out with friends when i noticed the lady looking at me and smiling. this happened two times, so i approached her. she was sitting. so i gave her a hand to stand up and dance with me. we danced really close for a half of a minute or something like that. strong eye contact.
THEN one fellow came she already knew i guess. “pulled” her away. they sat again and talked. at that point i hadn’t the intention to fight with him for her. so i just let it happened but still looked here and there in her direction. in moments when he looked away she looked at me and smiled. they didn’t had body contact or something. i guess it was some kind of date.
they started to leave. but they didn’t leave together. he brought her out of the bar/club and came back in.
i didn’t see any situation where i could interact with her again.
is there a way to handle this like a gentleman and not lose your frame?
I’m a single 29M and have a 30F girl who is in a relationship who knows what she is doing it seems at my workplace. I won’t go into the full details but I will summarise below in bullet points why I think she is messing with me:
1. Early stages she used to always stop bye and talk/say hi but now waits for me to initiate. But chases me when I back off
2. Laughs, smiles and loves it when I flirt with her or compliment her, tells me she doesn’t like it when other people compliment her and finds it awkward
3. Asked me for my phone number just to be friends, then after a bit started to delay responses and stop responding. I done it straight back and then she stopped playing that game and went back to normal
4. We arranged to go out for lunch – she came that day dressed up properly and in the outfit I like her in best (she knows I like her in this black suit she wears as I have told her that)
5. She gets jealous when I compliment other women (I can see it visibly in her face and also how she chooses more aggressive words, becomes a little bit insulting towards me)
6. Starts disliking girls I am close too (I ignored her once when I was with another girl she thinks fancies me – now she says she doesn’t like her but will not give a reason why)
7. Gets petty when she’s frustrated with me
8. I think she sets up scenarios to converse with me but make it look coincidental e.g. one day I walked past her friend on a different floor to go to the bathroom. Her very close friend seen me walk past. As I came out of the bathroom her friend was looking up smiling at her as she was walking down the stairs. They tried to get me to stop and talk but I just carried on (I think the friend rang her and told her to come down)
9. Feels comfortable referencing us sexually. Said she doesn’t mind people in the office making rumours about us. Told me she thinks people say me and her have a lot of sex. Said “I love you” quite casually to me once. Definitely is out of character for her to say that
10. Is comfortable being alone with me. We have spent quite a bit of time alone together and it was just social talk and casual conversation
However there are reasons which make me think maybe she is just quite an open girl:
1. Doesn’t initiate conversation as often anymore
2. Is reducing how much she enters my radius (she used to do it more often before)
3. Doesn’t ever cross boundaries like ringing each other or texting outside of work
TL;DR: Mixed messages with this girl, my close colleagues are convinced she wants something from me, I’m thinking she’s just passing time but sometimes it looks like she gets a bit too into it